NCALHD Work Groups
NCALHD Work Group Descriptions
• Keep LHD informed and connected to NCDHHS
Local Health Department Performance Measures & State Reporting Metrics:
• Develop a common set of LHD performance measures to tell the local public health story. Explore the need for new data systems.
Workforce Recruitment and Retention:
• Evolve/Support current workforce. Update OSHR job specifications. Shape future workforce. Conduct a workforce study.
Funding of Public Health:
• Support/inform the evolution and streamlining of AA programmatic support.
• Relevant public health issues that require action and information from the NCALHD.
Communication – Role & Values of Public Health:
• Define public health for students, community groups, local elected officials. Future vision/direction.
Education and Awards:
• Health Director Orientation
• Ham Stevens Award
• Health Director of the Year Award
• Legislator of the Year Award
• Public Health Partners Award
Nominations and Bylaws:
• Election of Officers